Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend


Another monday has arrived and I am glad it's the last week of school.

This weekend has been a strange one in my house, strange, tragic and happy all at the same time.

Saturday I ran over our kitten Mia. It was so sad and I am crushed because of it. I don't know how it happened, I was backing out the car and felt like I was dragging something. So I asked my daughter Ally to have a look and see what it was... if I only knew... you get the picture, it was the cat, it was very traumatic for Ally to see it and I am sooo glad the younger kids were not around to see it. Bella, my six year old, was so sad - Mia was her special kitten, Bella was always holding and playing with her.
I am still crushed over it, there is no way I would know she was under the car. Here is a bad photo of Mia and Bella. RIP Mia.



So after that, we decided we were getting a new kitten straight away! I saw an ad in the paper, someone was giving away kittens so I gave them a call and we got Rosie, here she is:



She is six weeks old and Bella loves her a lot. We are still very sad though... wish I could turn back time :(

On another note, it has been so HOT here. I bought the kids a pool on saturday and on sunday when we woke up we found out our dig had chewed it to bits. Not very happy!

So yesterday was DH birthday, we had a nice relaxing day, had lunch by the Blue Lake. It was HOT HOT HOT, I think we had 33-34C yesterday! So we decided to go the beach! That is the beauty of living here! When we got there, it was starting to cool down and a thurderstorm was forming. The kids went swimming in the sea and I did too. I left the camera in the car so no photos! But I did take some photos of the storm.

We're so not used to thurderstorms! They are so frightening and beautiful at the same time.















4 comments:

  1. Amazing Pics! HI! Thanks for linking up at Making Friends Monday! I am a new follower ! Have a great week! ~Heather www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry about Mia! Hope Rossie's gonna cheer up your kids tough. Oh and amazing pics btw! I am now following you thanks to Making Friends Monday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have on Jocelyn and the surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making Friends on Monday! I'm following your blog now! Looking forward to reading more posts!

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    www.pilotwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Mom Blog Monday hops

    http://lifewithabigfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete