Monday, December 6, 2010

HOT! Air conditioner, I love you!

It's hot. I know most of you are freezing right now, but living in Australia, you are sure to be hot at some point in the year.

Here where we live, unlike some other places in the country, gets cold in winter, and it rains a lot. When we arrived in June, it was wet. We barely saw any sunshine for weeks and it felt like home (we come from New Zealand, so we are used to it). It does not snow here and we barely get frosts (unlike NZ, DH is glad about that!), winter temperatures lingers around 10-14C.

Since we got here, we have been longing for the Australian sun! The warmth, the long days... and now it is here, I am not going to complain. Sure it is HOT and I am cooking (not literally... ) but boy, I am not used to this anymore. I grew up in Brazil where it's hot even in winter but living in NZ for the last 8 years totally de-climatised me! I am so glad we have air conditioning in the house, otherwise we would not be able to sleep. There are lots of advantages that comes with hot summers, like the laundry dries pretty fast :) We live close to the beach and when school is out, we are going to hang out there a lot!

****************

Thanks everyone who is following me! I will put my groceries away now and when I come back I will follow everyone back!

No comments:

Post a Comment